My 3 2016 Intention Words

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

A couple of years ago I shared my own New Year’s tradition with you and it has been a popular topic so I am ready to update it for 2016. You see instead of making resolutions or goals, I take some time to tune into what I am feeling the energy of the New Year is bringing forth in me. I then pick 3 or 4 words that capture the essence of that energy to be my Intention Words for the coming year.

These words inspire thoughts, being and action for all facets of my life for the coming year…personal, work, relationships, travel, money etc.

My 2016 Intention Words are:

Explore – I am experiencing my curiosity peak even stronger for learning new things. I am ready to explore more sustainable investments as RSP time comes around. It just may be the year for my husband and I to make the pilgrimage on The Camino. I am also ready to explore what other herbs and veggies to plant in my garden.

Plan – Some of the above activities will require some planning to support the positive outcome such as timing for plants and training for the Camino walk so it will be important to allow time to plan.

Create – I am excited to be more creative in all areas of my life. This will also include the renovation plans for our home…a dream of mine for many years.

These words bring an uplifting energy to me and bring excitement that will last for the whole year.

I have introduced this concept to some of my clients and they have experienced wonderful results. I even had a client take her words and find a matching image for each which she then printed and framed for her desk to be a constant inspiration each day. She had an incredible year, more magical than even she had imagined.

As we wind up the final days of 2015 I invite you to reflect on what it brought for you and then let yourself feel into 2016 for what is calling you. What kinds of words will describe what you are inviting 2016 to bring forth? Feel free to share them here to bring them to life and ripple out to others. You can connect with me by email or telephone, or click the contact tab at the bottom of the screen if you are reading this post on the website. Don’t forget to join in the conversation on Facebook too!

I wish you all a very magical 2016. Thanks for being part of my journey.

Karen

6 replies
  1. sylvie pelletier says:

what a great inspiration karen. Thanks for sharing. wishing you a great and fulfilling 2016.
    sylvie, your in on the park and tetra pak partner in crimes. sweet memories. ????

• Karen Armstrong says:

Sylvie – what a joy to hear from you!! Of course we were double trouble all the way but we sure did work hard too! Maybe 2016 will find a spot to have a Sylvie, Sylvia and Karen reunion!! Sending you a cyber hug.
      Karen

2. Carole Plant says:

Gosh dear Karen, you have really stirred me here to knowingly and honestly contemplate who and what I am today, and what 2016 is calling from in me. 2015 was one of the most topsy-turvy and changing years of my life. There was much having to see the truth in relationships, some staying, some going. There was much having to dig deeper into who I am “now”, and calling upon my highest and best self to come forward and be known. So your sharing today is perfectly timed for me. Do I have my three words? Nope. (Fear of commitment. Hahaha.) But I am now going to open up and welcome them to come to me. More to come. Love.

• Karen Armstrong says:

You are such a brave soul Carole…I am touched that this post spoke to you in such a lovely way. We sure do have years that see us pull deep into our being and get to know a new part of us. Life is so exquisite! I’ll be here cheering you on all the way.
      much love for 2016.
      Karen

3. Marianna says:

This is a great idea, I have some friends joining me on New Year’s Eve and I will introduce them to this concept. I would like to do this in a creative way maybe through drawing, Colouring or creating any way that suits everyone individual.
    We hopefully have a Kirtan and meditation to get to this place inside us. You gave me some inside that is very exciting and this can work for me and my friends. I will explore this and plan to create this excersize for our evening.
    Thank you so much I am looking forward bringing this to my friends.
    Warmly, love Marianna.

• Karen Armstrong says:

You bring a smile to my heart Marianna. I am sure your creative plans (haha – 2 of my words!) will make it a very fun and memorable evening. I would love to follow up with you part way through the year to see what is manifesting. I’ll be sure to keep you posted too. Much love to you for 2016.
      Karen

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!